Thursday, July 19, 2007

pastors and their children

I'm supposed to be running around getting bulletins started and cleaning the bedrooms and calling various people (given that I have a few minutes of all the children going off in various directions doing fun things with other people) but I did just want to link to this article--very interesting and insightful, given all the discussion that's gone on in recent days about children, and the church, and the clergy. Hope you enjoy.
If I'm very good and manage to get on top of things this morning, I'm going to allow myself a computer spree this afternoon. But then, things never go the way we plan, do they. So, on verra!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this thought provoking article. I belong to a generation that never questioned the morality of birth control, and, at first, welcomed Roe v Wade. I am now firmly pro-life, but I don't see any easy answers regarding contraception. Perhaps that's just the point, though.

Anonymous said...

I can't get the link to work. Can you tell me some other way to go read the article?

Anonymous said...

I think it was a great article. It was after we had decided to try for our 4th child (yes, shockingly on purpose- even with cable in the house!) that I began to struggle with the thought that "if we are to turn our lives over to God and trust him to lead us in all things, doesn't that include how many children we have?" So we decided to give up "birthcontrol" and to use the NFP and trust God, and our "baby" just turned 4 and no new additions. We feel blessed, and if the Lord decides to grace us with more children, we will accept them with joy, but I have found peace in knowing that it is His plan, and not ours.

Kerry said...

I've linked to your blog and the Touchstone article on my blog. I hope you'll go read because I can't re-create all those thoughts in a comment box! :)

I'm currently reading Brave New World and the two (the article and the book) go hand in hand. Also a commentor on my blog left a good quote from Chesterton...I'm going to have to go dig up the rest of the essay to read.

By the way, I'm enjoying your blog being an Episcopalian who believes is trusting God with family size also! There are just not enough of us are there? :) But, hey, if we keep having kids...there will be one day!!! HAHAHA!