Monday, January 14, 2008

Sunday Sound Bits

Early in the Morning, getting dressed for church:
E: She looks gorgeous! Gorgeous!
Me: Doesn't she.
E: She looks like you in that dress.
Me: Really? Wow. Thank you.
E and I gaze lovingly at G who is dressed in a frilly white and pink dress with tights and fancy shoes. I am dressed all in black with no fancy shoes, no frills and no tights. I appreciate the compliment.

Later in the Car:
E: This is the day, this is the day, this is the day, this is the day, this is the day.
A: Weeping. I can't find my spider man.
R: Daddy! Daddy! Mommy! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!

Later in the evening, after eating the top layer of the trifle:
E: I'm really good at reading this book. I'm really good at this.
A: The red knight in shining armor is bad and the blue knight in shining armor is good. And they are fighting and the good knight in shining armor is going to win.
E: Dear Jesus, thank you for this day. Please help the good knight in shining armor to win. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First the Emperor's New Clothes and now this. I'm more and more impressed by your precious Emma and her ability to cut right to the heart of things!