Thursday, March 13, 2008

Long Day

I took E visiting with me today. She carried my communion box and set everything out and piously folded her hands in prayer. I would say even a little condescendingly.

So its been a full complete day of pastoral care and discipleship all over the place. And even a trip to Salvation Army.

Person I was with: How much for this chair? Its for the church.
Salvation Army Guy: A church? Really? What church?
PIWW: Church of the Good Shepherd.
SAG: 10 dollars. If its really for the church.
PIWW: Cool. Great. You're going to heaven. Well, maybe you are. I don't know.
Me: Thank you so much, Sir, God bless. (to myself: hahahah. Oh dear.)

So now I'm crashing into bed because tomorrow there's a healing service to grapple, and some more visits and Sunday's bulletin and all the bulletins for Holy Week, and a Pie, because my oldest, most pious child requires a pie. And a lot of new fancy Easter clothes to try on. I just want it known, for sure for sure, that E picked her own Easter dress this year with no reference to me whatsoever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the guilty party regarding the dress....I (Mimi, Emma's grandma)could hardly resist her wondrous love for the dress which she found in a catalogue and got on the phone to tell me "Mimi,I found the most beeeuuuuuutiful yellow dress for Easter and it has a hat too!" How could any grandma worth her salt resist that? She will look and feel BEEEEEUUUUTiful and be a shining (satin with rhinestones) star for Easter!

Anonymous said...

Hehe! Great fun- You really can't beat satin, rhinestones, AND a hat- makes me wish I could find an Easter bonnet to wear! Most of my hats seem to be in very somber colours (read 'black').

~R