Monday, December 15, 2008

Jesus and maybe Santa are Coming: Get Ready

In light of this, and the fact that we have now reached a moment where the clutter, crumbs, toys and laundry have become too much, my children are carrying ALL THEIR TOYS, except two each, down and we're packing them away until after Christmas.

It has come to the point where all we do is clean. We wake up and clean, clean all morning, eat lunch and keep cleaning, clean well into the evening. And its not fun any more. So, extreme as it is, we're putting as many of our worldly belongings into the basement as we can fit there, and then maybe there'll be room for a Christmas tree.

2 comments:

At A Hen's Pace said...

I love it.

Good for you!

~Jeanne

Anonymous said...

When my kids were little, I would sort their toys into two groups. One I packed away to a place they would not find (hard to do) and the other stayed in their room for six months. I then swapped the toys. They didn't get tired of the toys as quickly and it seemed to give them a better appreciation for the toys.

I have a friend that went one better - wish I had done this. She required that before a new toy could come in the house, an old one had to be donated to charity. So if they were to receive 10 toys for Christmas, ten had to exit. She amazingly did the same thing with clothes. She required the children to go to the donation drop off. Her children took excellent care of their things and have grown up quite unselfish.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Jackie