Thursday, April 09, 2009

Maundy Thursday

The Easter clothes have arrived. Due to the great and extravagant generosity of Mimi, who knows a pretty dress when she sees one, my two little girls are twirling and dancing in their long twirly skirts. 'Eeeechaaaappeee' Elphine is singing as she twirls.

And I'm remarkably nauseated. I went to great lengths to go to the pharmacy yesterday to pick up a prescription for anti nausea pills graciously prescribed by my doctor, only to find that they made me very sick indeed. Fortunately, some other wonderful person is coming to watch the children this morning, so I will be able to sit here Very Quietly, not moving, not jostling, not, hopefully, throwing up, and working on some bulletins. Needless to say, I'm not even remotely considering cooking anything for the potluck tonight.

Most especially, on this beautiful sunny Thursday whereby we remember the new command of our Lord, that we love one another, I commend to your prayers one who has gone to be with that same Lord, last night, and who leaves behind a husband full of grief and sorrow. Her low and beautifully perfect alto voice in the choir I will always miss.

1 comment:

At A Hen's Pace said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for the family....

And for you!

Jeanne