Friday, April 24, 2009

Update on My Cat for those who care deeply

I took her to a different vet last night. They saw me the day I called and were very professional and helpful. They ruled out, pretty conclusively, the idea of a blood clot, and then I did spring for an XRay which came up normal (thank heaven) and some blood work, about which I will find out tomorrow. This vet suspects diabetes or some such something. Anyway, I spent a bundle but not the moon and came home a lot more cheerful. ALSO, she's really not in pain. She doesn't feel well, but she doesn't hurt which makes us all feel Much Happier.

And for clarification, this is my big white kitty (Siamese/calico I found out last night) and not the kitty who was lost and found. I really need to go take a picture of her. She has beautiful blue eyes and she's enormously fat.

3 comments:

Teacher Mommy said...

I'm so glad you're finding things out! I know that, even though they're "just" animals, kitties manage to hook their little claws into our hearts, and it can be agonizing when they're ill.

Anonymous said...

I'm so grateful for you, and the cat of course. :) I'd thought it might have been the cat who had been lost, as someone I know had a dog who loved to chew on things, and ended up having a blockage.. so I was fretting overnight thinking about it.

Joyce Carlson said...

This kitty was the one Anne found as a kitten lost in the bushes on the University of Oregon campus, a couple of years before she met Matt. Such a lovely and good cat. ME