Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend in Review

We're puttering about in general controlled chaos this morning. I, for one, am completely tired. These 'holidays', especially when they involve Matt rowing 70 miles down the Susquehanna River, always take it out of me. I only took one child with me, this year, as opposed to the three of last year, and the weather was pristine, so we had a really lovely time. Matt and Darrell made better time than last time, which also seriously helped. I will pictures later, once I locate my camera, and try to think through the day.

Right now I'm trying to think my muddled way through the day. We need milk, as usual, and everything is basically in disarray, so it would be helpful of me to leap out of this chair and clean up and pick up and organize.

But I'm having a terrible time concentrating.
My mother gave some particulars here. While I am sitting here not cleaning, I am considering in my own mind what it would take for me suddenly to pack up and go be with her, wherever she is (where you go, I will go, as it were) and how many children I could reasonably take with me, and how quickly, if that were the case, could I churn out two IHIPs for the fall, make Sunday School providentially fall into place for the summer, what to do about a month left of ballet, and how on earth to buck up and face the sickness of my cat in the coming days.

So...I think I'll go take two Tylenol and carry my cat downstairs to sit in the sun for a bit, and ask God to do whatever it is he was planning to do anyway.

3 comments:

R said...

"my cat downstairs to sit in the sun for a bit, and ask God to do whatever it is he was planning to do anyway."

Amen.

~R

mcyoder said...

Prayers being sent your way, Anne for your mom and for you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.