Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Vegetable Soup

The children are clambering for pancakes. I probably should indulge them because I made them eat massive bowls of vegetable soup last night with tiny rolls of brown bread. And I carried their table into the backyard and made them eat it outside, watching from the window as they carefully ladled the soup onto the ground. I thought about running out and yelling at them, but they seemed to be so peaceful, spoonful by spoonful. But, then, they didn't get any dessert.

The soup was delicious though.
One big vat of stock.
A large bag of vegetables from Micah's wedding (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes) dumped right into the stock.
Salt and Pepper
Let the whole thing simmer for a couple of hours until everything is soft, delicious, melded together.

I still have a full container left in the fridge and I froze two more.

1 comment:

Liz K said...

soup is probably my favorite thing to eat make...so very easy! Sounds lovely!

Oh, I found you through the Eadleman sisters.

Liz