Monday, May 30, 2011

Hee Hee

From Charles Williams Decent into Hell

"Don't you think so?" Watteau, whose actual name was Myrtle Fox, asked, "It's what I always feel--about trees and flowers and leaves and so on--they're so friendly. Perhaps you don't notice it so much; I'm rather mystic about nature. Like Wordsworth. I should love to spend days out with nothing but the trees and the leaves and the wind. Only somehow one never seems to find the time. But I do believe they're all breathing in with us, and it's such a comfort--here, where there are so many trees. Of course, we've only to sink into ourselves to find peace--and trees and clouds and so on all help us. One never need be unhappy. Nature's so terribly good. Don't you think so, Mr. Stanhope?"

Which obviously brings to mind a brilliant Wodehouse quip which I've lately been using on my children,
"If it isn't too much trouble, would you be so kind as to stop driveling."

Hope you have a very pleasant Monday and take a moment to thank God and pray for our troops. Thank you Grandpa!

1 comment:

MomCO3 said...

Oh... you're right, I was driveling this morning. Thanks for the kick in the pants. =)