Monday, February 13, 2012

it wasn't that I was too busy, it's just that I discovered angry birds

Didn't in the least mean to drop out of this tiny universe for a week. Just got busy, I guess with...let me see...as I search my foggy mind...
I caught a cold
and so did all the children
and the baby turned one (OMW, I don't know how to cope with this terrible fact)
and Romulus lost his first tooth (OMW, I don't know how to cope with this terrible fact, his round freckled face and a whole tooth gone, he can't possibly be old enough for this)
and Marigold, instead of walking down the broad wide road of destruction struck up a brisk trot
she
loves
to
push
the
water
dispenser
on
the
fridge
and
I
am
going
to
lose
my
mind.
So there you are.
We're plugging away at school and trying to do more than the basics. Every day I try not to whine about how great we had it in the fall and then Christmas had to come and ruin it. Lent starts in a few days. And I've got a big lovely talk to write for Inter Varsity this Friday. They very foolishly asked me to come talk and so I've got to say something, hopefully not just anything. Actually, I have a lot of words on the paper but they need to be reassembled into some kind of better and more fascinating order. So, perhaps, um, I might be back tomorrow. One can always hope.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh no, you're the speaker? And I wasn't even going to go this week...

Joyce Carlson said...

Angry birds? I'm lost. ME

Dr. Alice said...

Angry Birds is a game which can be played on smart phones and the iPad. An evil, evil game which will suck up all your productivity before you know it.