Monday, June 11, 2012

a decade

Another church picnic come and gone (yesterday). As I stood in the water at the lake counting five of my children plus two others (one...two...three four five six.....don't see the seventh...oh, there it is) and catching up with friends I've not seen in a month, I realized that it was really the picnic that was our "first Sunday" ten years ago. We weren't ordained yet and we had just arrived so it wasn't our first Sunday in terms of work, but it was in terms of meeting everyone.

And, of the ten picnics come and gone, I guess I was probably pregnant for a full six of them. Well, I'm not sure. I would have to figure out when I was pregnant each year, bla bla bla, and that's too much trouble. I'm sure, however, that the sheer number of children has made the time go faster than it otherwise would.

So I think I'll go count up my gray hairs again, and reexamine the lines on my face.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we are grateful for those ten years. I see no grey hairs or wrinkles....except on myself. C.....

Anonymous said...

you must have aged a lot in the last month. None of these were evident when i was there.
Art