Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Alouicious has discovered Calvin and Hobbes. He keeps coming and showing me the gross snowmen Calvin makes and chuckling to himself. In fact, the other day, he came to explain it to me in case I had never read it before.
"I know," I said, "And, when you're done with that one, we have all of them."
Honestly, its the FIRST thing he's reading without being able to put it down. So, even though I was rather hoping that first thing would be, you know, like, The Bible or Ivanhoe or something, I'm not really complaining. If you know and love Calvin and Hobbes, your life will probably turn out all right in the end.

Which brings me to my submission for the 2013 Lander Motto (gleaned from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel which, as a movie was ok but not amazing). Ready?

It will all come out all right in the end. And if it isn't alright, then it isn't the end.

Past Lander Mottoes have been:

This too shall pass.
Let me be your morning cup of coffee.
Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?
Cheer Up, Things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough, Things Got Worse.

I'm sure I've forgotten some. 
Pip pip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass was my mother's favorite comment when I would bring her news of my latest injury or perfidy of a sibling.

I can remember walking away very unsatisfied with that this was the resoltuion but found it crept into many conversations with my own children.

Kellie said...

Inspired by hearing yours (which, of course, as a parishioner, I heard early), I actually came up with my own Lander-style motto for part of 2011: "It's not that you don't know the answer, it's that you don't like the answer." I don't remember why I picked that one, but it probably did come in handy a few times.

Matushka Anna said...

A year ago our oldest son discovered C&H. He's still explaining them to me (in case I don't understand them). I think if you like C&H you'll turn out just fine.